The super cute yarn loving Pengwyn the Penguin is a quick knit and excellent small winter companion. The pattern is printed in A5 booklet format on 130gsm silk matte finish paper with a stapled spine. The printed pattern includes a Ravelry download code.
- Yarn is held double throughout.
- The body is knit in one piece in the round.
- The body is stuffed before closing and finishing. The white chest is knit as a separate flat piece and sewn onto the body.
- The body is closed fully once eyes and beak have been attached and secured.
- The feet, wings and beak are knit separately and sewn onto the body.
- There are three hat options: solid colour, striped and stranded colourwork.
- Skill level: Advanced beginner; comfortable knitting in the round.
- Height 6” / 15.25cm
- Circumference: 13” / 33cm
- 1 skein Black - KBN01
- 1 skein White - KBN55
- 1 skein Orange - KBN13
- 1 skein Blue - KBN84
Or desired DK weight yarn in the following amounts:
- Black: 125m
- White: 150m
- Orange: 38m
- Blue: 56m
- Stitch Markers
- Tapestry Needle
- x2 10mm Plastic Safety Eyes, or 10mm buttons
- 30g of stuffing (approx)
Techniques Used: Knitting in the round, knitting with two colours at a time (optional for creating striped or stranded colourwork hat options), seaming with whip stitch, knitting flat pieces, increasing and decreasing.