Laine Magazine Issue 19 is on pre-order. Any item ordered with Issue 19 will be sent together on 8 December 2023.
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. Laine cherishes natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things. They aim to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far.
Get ready for Laine's lovely winter issue! Laine 19, Kaolinite, celebrates the meditative nature of crafts. The beautiful, serene photos were taken in a ceramics studio, and the patterns offer a relaxing break from the everyday.
Issue 19, Winter 2024, includes:
- 148 pages
- Eleven knitting patterns (charts and written instructions provided): four sweaters, one cardigan, two vests, one skirt, one shawl, one hat, and one pair of socks.
- An interview with the Japanese artist Tomomi Mimura, who uses basic darning stitches to embroider charming animal characters.
- An article about the American sheep shearer Pony Jacobson and why this age-old craft is vital for sheep's health and the textile industry.
- Jeanette Sloan's Fibre Talk: A regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Sari Monroy, a fibre artist and writer who draws on her Mayan Kaqchikel heritage.
- Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro, who explores what kind of skills knitters should practise to increase their brain health.
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, we meet Atia, who incorporates in her beautiful London living room.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your winter cooking.
- Book reviews.
Designers featured in this issue: Alexandra Atepaeva, Jennifer Brou, Maxim Cyr, Ronja Hakalehto, Helga Isager, Pauliina Leisti, Agata Mackiewicz, Yukie Onodera, Marie Régnier, Jacqueline van Dillen and Veera Välimäki.
- Printed in Estonia.
- Print only. No digital download code is available.
- Pattern preview pages on Laine's website and Ravelry.
- Publication day: 8 December 2023.