Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. Laine cherishes natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things. They aim to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far.
It is time for Laine's delightful summer issue! Issue 17 is aptly named 'Here Comes the Sun' and feels like the first tender rays of the sun after a long winter. The inspiring summer knits and fun, quirky photos create a happy, relaxed mix with a subtle vintage feel.
Issue 17, Summer 2023, includes:
- Eleven knitting patterns (charts and written instructions provided): four sweaters, three cardigans, one top, two shawls and one pair of socks.
- An interview with the French designer and debut author Cinthia Vallet, known for her charming knitted animals. Cinthia talks about her design process and the joy that toy-making can bring to adult knitters.
- An article about an Australian sheep farmer who shepherds a flock of Finnsheep 15,000 kilometres from their homeland.
- Jeanette Sloan's Fibre Talk: a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Lissy and Rudi Robinson-Cole, a couple making crochet art inspired by their Māori heritage.
- Five Ways by Laine's regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi gathers experts' tips on how you can start designing your knitwear patterns!
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, we meet a Finnish knitter who likes to knit in nature.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your summer cooking: tomato confit, lemon fizz mocktail and almond pavlovas.
- Book reviews.
Designers featured in this issue: Julia Disini, Rastus Hsu, Elena Solier Jansà, Pauliina Leisti, Veronika Lindberg, Marie Régnier, Jacquline Rivera, Lene Tøsti, Maija Vasala, Pope Vergara and Thea Vesterby.
- Printed in Estonia
- Print only. No digital download code is available.
- Preorders start & cover revealed: 6 April 2023.
- Publication day: 5 May 2023.