Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. They cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things. Laine intends to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far.
Laine 16 (Winter 2023) brings you to the streets of beloved Helsinki, the capital of Finland. The Laine team visit a charming bookstore and an edgy record store and sit down for a nice warm cup of coffee. In short, a perfect, slow Saturday! Dare we say this might be Laine's best issue yet?
Issue 16, Winter 2023, includes:
- 148 pages.
- Eleven knitting patterns (charts and written instructions provided): five sweaters, two cardigans, two shawls, one waistcoat, and one pair of socks.
- An interview with Elaine Tom. Learn how she became the trusted test knitter for many designers, knitting around 40 sweaters a year!
- An article on how the Craft Museum of Finland preserves cultural heritage and inspires today's crafters.
- Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre – a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Lorraine Amagove Mugere, a Kenyan knitwear and crochet designer.
- Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi explores how you can keep your favourite knits around for longer by caring for them correctly.
- Where I Knit – a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot and talking about crafting in their everyday lives. In this issue, we meet a knitter in gorgeous Indonesia.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your winter cooking.
- Book reviews.
- Printed in Estonia
- Print only. No digital download code is available.
- Preorders start & cover revealed: 18 November.
- Publication day: 16 December 2022.