Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. Laine cherishes natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things. They aim to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far.
Laine's beautiful autumn issue is here! In Laine 18 - Weekend Getaway, Laine take the time to relax in a little cottage by the forest. The versatile and comfortable knits are suited for indoors and outdoors and are the perfect addition to your wardrobe as the days get colder.
Issue 18, Autumn 2023, includes:
- Eleven knitting patterns (charts and written instructions provided): five sweaters, two cardigans, one slipover, one shawl, one hat and one pair of mittens.
- An interview with the American knitwear designer and fashion historian Sydney Crabaugh, who specialises in vintage knits and runs her virtual knitting school.
- An article about Shetland and its knitting traditions, with two inspiring designers — Gudrun Johnston and Mary Jane Mucklestone — as our guides.
- Jeanette Sloan’s Fibre Talk: a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Tanis “Akutuq” Simpson, whose company produces yarn from qiviut: a fibre from the undercoat of the muskox.
- Five Ways by Laine's regular writer Päivi Kankaro, who gathers experts’ tips on mending your knits.
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, Laine meets Nora, who likes to knit on the rooftop of her home in Cologne, Germany.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your autumn cooking.
- Book reviews.
Designers featured in this issue: Jenny Ansah, Marcela Chang, Melissa Clulow, Emma Ducher, Jenna Kostet, Ksenia Naidyon, Olga Putano, Tiia Reho, Anna Sjösvärd and Julia Wilkens. Click here to meet the designers.
- Printed in Estonia.
- Print only. No digital download code is available.
- Pattern preview pages on Laine's website and Ravelry.
- Publication day: 15 September 2023.