AddiClick Interchangeable Needle Sets - Deep Dive
The AddiClick system is pretty unique in the world of knitting. Instead of screwing the cable into the needle using a screw and thread mechanism, the AddiClick system uses a simple push and twist to connect the cable and needle. This means the connection is made in less than a second, and there's no need to tighten the join with a separate key.
The Needle Store currently offers five different types of AddiClick needles in two needle lengths. To make it easier to understand or identify which type you now have, we've listed the key differences below. Click on the name of the set to take you straight to the product page.
- AddiClick BASIC 13cm (5") Interchangeable Needle Set. Sometimes referred to as "turbo" needles, these are nickel-plated, silky smooth, and 13cm (5") in length. Cables are available in three lengths; 60cm (24"), 80cm (32"), and 100cm (40") lengths. The tips for Addi Basic are blunt and rounded.
- AddiClick LACE LONG 13cm (5") Interchangeable Needle Set. The needles are the same 13cm (5") length as the Addi Basic needles but with a slightly pointier tip for ease of working with finer yarns and more intricate stitches, such as lace knitting. Cables are available in three lengths; 60cm (24"), 80cm (32"), and 100cm (40") lengths.
- AddiClick LACE SHORT 9cm (3.5") Interchangeable Needle Set. The needles have a slightly pointier lace tip; however, these guys are 9cm (3.5") in length, making them ideal for making items with a smaller circumference, such as hats. As the needles are shorter, they require specialised cables available in five lengths; 40cm (16"), 50cm (20"), 60cm (24"), 80cm (32"), and 100cm (40") lengths.
- AddiClick BAMBOO 13cm (5") Interchangeable Needle Set. This set contains beautiful bamboo needles with brass fittings. Separate cables with matching brass fitting are available for these. With a smooth, warm and light structure, bamboo needles allow fast(ish) and accurate work. Bamboo is an excellent material for knitting and crocheting as it has a certain amount of grip to prevent your stitches from flying off your needles. This is great if you're a beginner or if you like to have a little more control over the speed of your stitches. Cables are available in three lengths; 60cm (24"), 80cm (32"), and 100cm (40") lengths.
- AddiClick Nature OLIVE WOOD 13cm (5") Interchangeable Needle Set. This is the crème de la crème of Addi interchangeable sets and something exceptional to own. As the rich grain of olive wood is unique, each 13cm (5") needle is one of a kind. Every piece is lovingly hand finished and coated with natural waxes that give the olive wood a gorgeous radiant sheen. Cables are available in three lengths; 60cm (24"), 80cm (32"), and 100cm (40") lengths.
Please note: the length of the cords quoted above always includes the needle length. So, for example, using a 13cm (5") interchangeable needle plus the 100cm (40") cord will measure 100cm (40") in length from needle tip to needle tip. If you're using the Addi Lace Short needles, please ensure you use the specialised cords for the 9cm (3.5") needles to get the correct lengths.
A common question we get is, "what's the connector for?" Well, that's a super helpful gizmo that helps attach two cords (great to stow your stitches) or combine two cords to increase length.